Vagrant From Scratch
- installation (Windows and Mac OS X)
- vagrant boxes
- typical vagrant commands
- customising your Vagrantfile to reflect environments with:
- a single virtual machine
- multiple virtual machines
- virtual machines with private IP addresses
- creating windows boxes using Packer
- and more ...
- https://ligerlearn.com/course/vagrant-from-scratch/ - Course home page
- https://github.com/LigerLearn/vagrant-from-scratch/ - Course source code and materials
Vagrant boxes and the box catalogue
Boxes are Vagrant virtual machine images. Learn all about them and the public box catalogue in this lesson.
Exploring the Vagrantfile
In this lesson we cover the Vagrantfile by creating an example configuration for the use case of an Apache web server.
Multiple VMs and private networks
Learn about creating Vagrant virtual environments containing multiple VMs.
Connecting to a Vagrant virtual machine using PuTTY
Use PuTTY as an alternative way of connecting Vagrant VMs through SSH.
Vagrant workflow and conventions
Get familiar with the typical workflows and conventions you will use with Vagrant.